- América Economía recognition: ranked #14 in Latin America.
- América Economía recognition: ranked #18 in Latin America.
- Hospital Metropolitano received a "social merit" award form the Ecuadorian National Congress
- Joint Commission International third reaccreditation.
- The fisrt trans catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) is performed.
- First successful use of a veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenator (ECMO VA).
- The Hospital opened Metrovida, with a Radiotherapy Unit as part of a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Metropolitano Hospital is certified with ISO 9001: 2000 being the first hospital to obtain this certification for all its processes.
- Re-implantation was performed on the hand of a 24-year-old patient who suffered total amputation.
- The first epilepsy surgery is done in Ecuador, which involved a large group of excellent neurologists, neurophysiologists, neuro-radiologists, neuropsychologists and neurosurgeons.
- Implementation of GEMA (Administrative and financial medical management).
- On November 14th, 1985, the Hospital Metropolitano opened, starting a “new era” in Medicine in Ecuador; creating a new model of hospital management that has contributed significantly to the development of Quito and the country.
- First American Medical International AMI automated hospital with PATCOM system in Ecuador.
- Two years later, in 1979, with a strategic partnership with the American company AMI (American Medical International), Conclina C.A. was created and this would lead to start the hospital project which would transform medical care in the country.