Your safety is critical to us; Metropolitano Hospital continually implements continuous improvement plans to minimize the risk of falls to the patient.
People with a higher risk of falls are:
- Children under 5 years old.
- Adults over 65 years.
- People with difficulties to see, hear, walk or move.
- Patients who take medication to sleep, lower blood pressure, glucose, laxatives or diuretics.
- Patients that are disoriented, dizzy or that have been recently operated.
The cooperation of family members is essential.
- Keep the furniture in the room in its place.
- Alert the nursing staff if you leave the patient ALONE in the room.
- Keep the preventive measures.
- Place the bell and personal items within reach of the patient.
How to prevent falls?
DO NOT get up fast, wait a couple of minutes sitting on the edge of the bed, especially if you have been resting for a long time.
If the railing of the bed or the crib is raised, for your safety, do not lower it.
Keep the night lighting system on.
Ring the bell if you need attention, are dizzy, need to get up, go to the bathroom, or have trouble walking. Please do NOT do it alone.
For your safety use slippers or shoes that do not slip. DO NOT walk barefoot or with socks.
We ask you to inform the nursing staff if the patient is ALONE in the room