- A donation is a voluntary act. You should not donate if you are being pressured for some reason.
- All the information requested in the interview is essential to protect you as a donor, and to protect people who will receive the blood.
- The information given is strictly confidential.
- A check-up of your health status will be made, verifying your weight, blood pressure and hemoglobin.
- When donating you do not get any disease since all the materials that are used are sterile and disposable.
- The blood will be studied to detect the different infectious agents required by the Ministry of Health.
it is not a risck!
the only risck is not to do it.
What you should know before donating
You can donate if:
- You come with your ID card.
- You are over 18 and under 65 years old.
- You enjoy good health.
- You weight over 50 kg.
- You are not fasting.
- You have not had alcohol in the last 12 hours.
- You are not pregnant.
- More than 3 months have passed since your last donation.
- You have not received vaccines in the previous 30 days.
- You have not traveled to tropical regions like the coast or the jungle in the last 30 days.
You have to wait for a year before donating if:
- You have received transfusions of blood components.
- You have tattooed yourself, performed acupuncture or pierced some part of your body.
- You have had more than one sexual partner in the last 12 months.
People who can’t be donors
- Hypertension with treatment.
- Who have injected drugs through skin or veins.
- The carriers of HIV infection (AIDS), Syphilis, Hepatitis B or C virus, and Chagas disease.
- Epileptics in treatment.
- People working in the sex trade.
- If you suffer from heart, kidney, neurological, respiratory or hematological conditions.
- Those who are under treatment with antibiotics. Only after a week of completion, will they be accepted as donors.
- People with colds.
- People with diarrhea can just donate after 7 days of the last episode.
- Those who are in treatment with antidepressants, mood stabilizers or similar.
- People undergoing minor surgeries in the last 6 months.
- If less than 6 months have passed from birth with or without breastfeeding.
Myths and truths:
There is still a lot of ignorance and wrong beliefs that prevent people from donating blood.
- IIt is not only donated when a relative or acquaintance asks for it.
- The donation of blood does not weaken, it does not get fat or thin, it does not hurt, it does not acquire diseases, it does not change the blood type of the person who does it.
- With tattoos and piercings, you can donate blood, after one year (12 months) of the last body piercing or tattoo.
Benefits for the donor
In addition to the possibility of saving up to three lives, we explain some reasons that will encourage you to join this cause:
- When a person donates blood, the body detects a reduction in the level of fluid. Immediately the body generates new cells and gives way to a clean and fresh blood.
- After a donation, the blood flows in a healthy way and helps the lining of the blood vessels, which reduces the risks of arterial obstruction, therefore, there is less risk of suffering a heart attack or cerebrovascular
- Before donating blood, the voluntary donor undergoes certain rigorous controls (pulse, pressure, temperature, hemoglobin levels, weight), so that donors take advantage of the occasion to control their health.
- By donating blood, you can lose up to 650 calories, which is almost the same as an average aerobics class.
Junto al Hospital del Día del Hospital Metropolitano
Horario de atención
Lunes a viernes de 07:00 a 19:00 horas. Sábado y domingo de 8:00 a 13:00 horas.